Since being founded in 2009, Ticketer has grown to become the UK’s market leader at the forefront of smart electronic ticketing technology across the public transport sector. Ticketer’s software enables passengers to use the latest payments technologies, whilst providing operators with real-time performance insights to improve efficiency, service levels and profitability. Since 2018, Ticketer has expanded into Europe with the acquisition of the Nordic’s leading ticketing company (FARA) and is continuing to support the public transport industry as it deals with the challenges to its operations caused by social distancing and lockdowns.
Ticketer is in an exciting phase of growth with a brand new CEO joining in October 2020. This has kicked off significant investment in new systems, processes and products to capitalise on an already market-leading position.
About the Role
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic Digital Marketer who is looking to help shape the future digital strategy of an ambitious company with exciting growth plans.
The role is based in the UK but the candidate would have responsibility for digital marketing across the Ticketer Group, for both our UK brand Ticketer and Nordics brand FARA.
You would be working in collaboration with 2 brilliant Marketing Managers (one based in Hungerford, one in Norway) who take the lead on brand assets, content, events, PR and brand advertising. As a team, you will be tasked with building and delivering against the Group marketing plan.
We are just starting out on our digital journey and there will be lots of opportunity to help define our future direction in terms of our websites, SEO, digital campaigns with CRM tools, eCommunications and social strategy.
You’ll need a lot of energy for this role as there is lots to be done and we’re looking for someone who will be motivated by the opportunity to make a real difference in a fast-growing company.
- Define and deliver the Group’s digital marketing plan to support wider business objectives and responsible for local marketing executions.
- Ownership of our 2 websites: ticketer.com (English and Spanish pages) and fara.no, ensuring brand consistency in terms of design, tone and messaging.
- Take the lead on setting up marketing automation campaigns to deliver greater personalisation with behavioral content to generate new growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimised online presence and build up the Group’s digital footprint to enhance brand and product-specific awareness, making SEO a priority.
- Find ways of increasing our email subscriber database within GDPR guidelines and deliver effective email campaigns in partnership with local Marketing Managers.
- Embed and maximise use of a new CRM system from a marketing automation perspective.
- Identify and evaluate new digital technologies to keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing, thinking outside the box to deliver beyond.
- Set up reports to summarise key digital performance across all digital activity using web analytics tools. Undertake deeper analysis using the insight to better optimise marketing campaigns and increase web traffic.
- Monitor industry sentiment and feed into content strategy plans with the local Marketing Managers to build integrated campaigns across offline and online channels.
- Manage social media channels (currently Twitter and LinkedIn) and make recommendations for additional social platforms to increase customer engagement. Build a social media strategy to support marketing objectives.
You’ll be someone with:
- At least 5 years under your belt as a Digital Marketing Manager with experience of digital channels from web, SEM, eCommunications, SEO, CRM, Social, through to experience of using analytics to optimise performance.
- Attention to detail, planning and time management skills.
- Analytical skills, with a strong data mind-set, someone who has experience of turning data into strategic actions.
- Proficiency in MS Office and reporting software such as Google Analytics.
- A deep understanding of SEO and the ability to implement optimisation without the use of an agency.
- An understanding of paid media, PPC, and Google AdWords. If you have no prior knowledge, you’ll need an eagerness to learn.
- Familiarity with Word Press (or at least other CMS’) to be able to update site content.
- Experience of working with CRM platforms to build marketing automation campaigns.
- Knowledge of using Mailchimp or other eComms providers.
- Experience of content management across social channels.
- Eagerness and commitment to keep up with digital trends and build into the marketing plan to better our performance.
- True team spirit who is happy to roll up their sleeves and help a colleague, even if something falls outside of their remit.
Experience of working across international subsidiaries or different cultures would be helpful but is not essential. Our external communications are predominantly in English across the Group but some may need to be in local languages across the Nordics. There is no expectation for the candidate to know Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish or Danish but it would of course be welcomed.
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you:
A flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, private health insurance, annual health assessments, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, holiday purchase scheme, 23 days paid holiday per year (which increases with service), progression and development opportunities in an ever-expanding company, and much more.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.