Since being founded in 2009, we has grown to become the UK market leader at the forefront of smart electronic ticketing technology across the bus sector. Our software enables passengers to use the latest payments technologies, whilst providing bus operators with real-time performance insights to improve efficiency, service levels and profitability.
Widely renowned as the most innovative provider in the industry, our clients include some of the largest national operators, including First Bus, Arriva, and Go-Ahead, and some 70% of the UK’s regional operators. We have achieved outstanding revenue growth of over 50% year-on-year for the three years leading up to Tenzing’s investment in 2018.
Since 2018, we have expanded into Europe with the acquisition of the Nordic’s leading bus ticketing company (FARA) and are continuing to support the bus industry as it deals with the challenges to its operations caused by social distancing and lockdowns.
About the Role
The role’s primary focus is on forecasting and improving commercial outcomes within the business. You will do this through surfacing information, developing analysis, and ensuring this can be used by the senior management team to improve and grow the business – much like an FP&A role.
The phenomenal rate of growth that we have achieved since being founded eleven years ago has meant that internal data is stored across multiple areas in the business. To be successful in this role you will need to be proactive in completing analysis and shouldn’t expect the information to come to you. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
Our head office is in Hungerford but most staff are currently working remotely from home.
- Complete month-end reforecast through engaging across departments for the UK business.
- Consolidation of UK and Nordic financials to forecast compliance with covenants & complete covenant compliance documents.
- Complete Finance Board Pack Reporting and additional financial analysis as requested by the Board.
- Proactive and forward looking to establish a best-in-class finance function by improving processes and workpapers.
- Analysis to improve commercial outcomes within the business e.g. product and client profitability analysis.
- Ad hoc analysis and model building such as building a SaaS dashboard.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable finance/accounting experience.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- An excel whiz who enjoys building well thought out spreadsheets.
- Ambitious and forward thinker who embraces and adapts well to change.
- Can not only do great analysis but also able to succinctly communicate your insights.
What you’ll likely have achieved in 12-18 months-time as the Senior Finance Analyst at Ticketer:
- Built out product/client profitability analysis.
- Built a SaaS Dashboard.
- Evolved the financial forecast model as the business grows and develops new products.
- Supported the budgeting process and completed variance analysis against budgets and forecasts.
- Managed covenant compliance reporting.
- Improved capturing and reporting of internal data.
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you:
A flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, private health insurance, annual health assessments, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, holiday purchase scheme, 23 days paid holiday per year (which increases with service), progression and development opportunities in an ever-expanding company, and much more.
Please apply for this role by clicking here.
You will need to upload :
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and what skills and experience you bring.
- A tailored CV paying careful attention to the job specification above.
Please upload both documents as PDF files rather than Word documents. And remember, not everyone has 20/20 vision so try and keep the font size reasonable 🙂
- Deadline for applications is Monday 4th January 2021.
- All applications will be looked at that week with results of our first CV review by Friday 8th, so please don’t worry that you won’t hear from us until then.
- Appointment is likely to be made for a February start.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.