Since being founded in 2009, Ticketer has grown to become the UK’s market leader at the forefront of smart electronic ticketing technology across the public transport sector. Ticketer’s software enables passengers to use the latest payments technologies, whilst providing operators with real-time performance insights to improve efficiency, service levels and profitability. Since 2018, Ticketer has expanded into Europe with the acquisition of the Nordic’s leading ticketing company (FARA) and is continuing to support the public transport industry as it deals with the challenges to its operations caused by social distancing and lockdowns.
Ticketer is in an exciting phase of growth with a new CEO joining at the end of 2020. This has kicked off significant investment in new systems, processes, and products to capitalise on an already market-leading position.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate developer to join our core development team as we continue to expand our services. You’ll need to tackle some of the most interesting and demanding engineering problems of modern software development as you design and build highly resilient systems that can efficiently handle high volumes of data. If you’re a self-starter who loves a challenge, someone who’s driven to build best in class services, and are looking to make a serious impact, then we’ve got the perfect role for you. We pride ourselves of having a low bureaucracy, hands on, collaborative and pragmatic culture.
The role will include:
- Front-end: design, develop and support feature rich, modern, customer facing ASP.NET MVC and .NET Core web applications.
- Back-end: engineer scalable back-end architectures and communications protocols to support our mobile device systems. This includes message processing, external HTTP data interfaces, APIs, e-commerce, and other services.
- Ad-hoc system administration and DevOps development tasks as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- C#; ASP.NET MVC; Restful API Design and Development (Web API); WCF; .NET Core; Unit testing; SQL Server; Git; Agile development.
- At least 8 years of commercial software development.
- High volume data processing
- Implementing resilient systems (DR planning)
- Azure experience, e.g. Service Bus, Storage, KeyVault
- Docker; Kubernetes; VSTS; Architectural patterns
- Transport industry knowledge
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you:
A flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, private health insurance, annual health assessments, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, holiday purchase scheme, 23 days paid holiday per year (which increases with service), progression and development opportunities in an ever-expanding company, and much more.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.