Since being founded in 2009, Ticketer has grown to become the UK’s market leader at the forefront of smart electronic ticketing technology across the public transport sector. Ticketer’s software enables passengers to use the latest payments technologies, whilst providing operators with real-time performance insights to improve efficiency, service levels and profitability. Since 2018, Ticketer has expanded into Europe with the acquisition of the Nordic’s leading ticketing company (FARA) and is continuing to support the public transport industry as it deals with the challenges to its operations caused by social distancing and lockdowns.
Ticketer is in an exciting phase of growth with a new CEO joining at the end of 2020. This has kicked off significant investment in new systems, processes, and products to capitalise on an already market-leading position.
About the Role
With our ambitious growth plans, locally and internationally, we are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Business Analyst to join our Product team. Your primary role will be to interpret requirements from customers and the product team, and work with the development team to turn those requirements into the best possible specifications. Your business analyst skills mean you’ll know how to document those specifications in a way that the business, development, support, and QA can understand. Your technical skills mean that you can liaise closely with the tech leads when it comes to implementation.
Through analysing and documenting the current-state of our product, you’ll come to know the product inside out. You’ll become a subject matter expert, able to suggest and deliver the most appropriate recommendations for new requirements.
We’ve built some amazing systems and products and need you to help us take it to the next level.
- Working with stakeholders to understand business, and customer requirements, strategy and goals.
- Interpreting requirements in order to create superb, detailed technical specifications.
- Working with the technical teams to evolve those requirements as issues come to light.
- Analysing the impacts of change.
- Documenting how systems work, taking ownership of documentation.
- Meeting with product managers and customers.
- Evaluating risks and predicting potential challenges.
We are looking for someone with:
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate concepts and ideas to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven Technical Business Analyst experience.
- Strong analysis skills – using a variety of techniques to conduct analysis and deconstruct the problem or solution.
- Reasonable technical skills – understanding data models, databases, message buses, etc.
- Experience within an Agile environment.
- Excellent documentation skills (UML) and an eye for detail.
- Proactive and organised with willingness and ability to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ideally, a mixed background in Development/Business Analysis/UAT.
- Ability to use your drive, creativity and initiative to help move the business forward.
Nice to have skills and knowledge
- Transport / payments industry knowledge.
- Azure DevOps
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you:
A flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, private health insurance, annual health assessments, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, holiday purchase scheme, 23 days paid holiday per year (which increases with service), progression and development opportunities in an ever-expanding company, and much more.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.