What is it….?
Ticketer has now added support for identifying Passenger Classes to the tickets.
- It is an additional option on the ticket types that operators can use to describe the type of passenger class on every transaction and can be set through the Ticket Types page on the Ticketer Portal.
- Passenger types can explicitly specify whether the ticket is for an Adult, Child, Student etc.
- By adding this additional data element, users can now better record and report the different types of passengers on a per transaction basis without having to rely on the ticket name to provide that distinction.
- In order to make the task of adding this data type for all tickets as easy as possible, users can export the ticket definitions into Excel using the Ticket Type Export features, make whatever changes are necessary in Excel and then reimport the file. It’s that simple!
- The Passenger Types have been added to the Ticket Sales grid as an optional column (along with Passenger Count) and can also be included in nightly Ticket Exports.
- Capturing this data type now allows reporting to be aggregated to the types of passengers, not just on a ticket type basis.
- Including these passenger types has been added to the Fares export for BODS (Bus Open Data Service) which is part of the schema definition as defined by the DfT.